Share the Share Investor Forum Love!

kbot

Don't be Shy! New Members Introduce yourself here.

kbot

Postby kbot » 08 Mar 2010 13:25

Hey all,

I'm a relative new-comer to investing in the sharemarket. Prior to this I used managed funds but I wasn't too happy about the secretative nature of their stock choice, not to mention their fees (even when the market was/is quite outrageously down). I use the asb to buy shares. I'm in my mid-thirties and have 50k in 5 NZX listed companies at various ratios - AIA holding the biggest slice of the pie. My plan was to simply leave the portfolio as it (and chip up at it from dividends and savings) is until I need the money in my sixties when I retire, but after lately I think I ought to be more active in the portfolio as in trading using tools like stop-loss - there has been many times when the portfolio has gone up 5k and then down to just above break even.
kbot
Share Investor Forum - Apprentice

Re: kbot

Postby Bongo666 » 08 Mar 2010 17:01

Welcome Kbot. Depending on what other shares you own if they are good ones and I think AIA is (I own it)then your long term view of things is the right track to take. The alternative will lose you money if you are not constantly looking at it.
Bongo666

Re: kbot

Postby kbot » 09 Mar 2010 08:53

Thanks for the prompt response!

I'll browse this forum to get up to date - hopefully the currently 2-3 nagging questions I have will have the answers floating around some where. And as I browse abouts, never know, a knowledge gem may also be gained!
kbot

Return to Introductions - New Members