Share the Share Investor Forum Love!

Osama Strategy

Discuss stockmarket investment strategies.

Osama Strategy

Postby kbot » 03 May 2011 09:40

This may be a one off - but the markets are bound to rise after events of the last 24 hours. Might be a good time to sell for the day trader. "Sell in May and go away" could work again this year!

I'm not selling as I am still in the phase of researching up if I should do daytrading for a part-time job. Just got some books on investor education type.
kbot
Share Investor Forum - Apprentice

Re: Osama Strategy

Postby Bongo666 » 03 May 2011 10:33

kbot wrote:This may be a one off - but the markets are bound to rise after events of the last 24 hours. Might be a good time to sell for the day trader. "Sell in May and go away" could work again this year!

I'm not selling as I am still in the phase of researching up if I should do daytrading for a part-time job. Just got some books on investor education type.

I thought there would be a big market reaction to Usama being killed but it didn't happen on the DOW so I am not sure it will happen with the NZX. Looks like fundamentals rule the day Kman!
Bongo666

Re: Osama Strategy

Postby kbot » 06 May 2011 11:45

You are right - no drama at all on this front.

I was quite sure that if I put 10k on some local stock with good fundamentals in the morning, at least by midday I would be up by 1-2 percent after commisions etc. Lucky I kept my theory with the practice.

I did hear that the Asian markets were swayed somewhat.

I could always place this lack of bull action to the trades that aren't sucessful.
kbot

Return to Investment Strategy